Saturday, June 09, 2007

It was finally the time when nostalgia rules your whole life...you are walking to the department and smack it hits you in the face, you go to UG and there are the memories and it was tough forgetting all the amazing times.Luckily for me as I was headed home there is my sister's marriage on the cards{ :D} and I guess it has meant that the last few days I haven't had the time to feel sad/bad about leaving Roorkee. So as I left a phase of my life and was preparing for another one I thought that this was the opportune time for me to learn the trades of the ladies of the house. Might help me understand the female psyche much better{ Havn't had great luck with that ;) } so here I was trying to help my mother with the washing machine, the peeling, cooking etc etc...It was in this piece of learning or training[:)] as my relatives are calling it I realized that this is one of the most tiring and unrewarding jobs one can ever do. Its amazing to see the amount of work that a mother performs in a day and how from the outside it seems all so easy.I guess we never truly understand the great feat that the mothers and wives of this country perform by ensuring that those mundane daily chores are performed to perfection.Its no space research or scientific breakthroughs they are making but they are making life so simple and easy for all of us and we never even care to appreciate it.Its a sad comment on the kind of sons and daughter we prove to be when rather than appreciating our mothers we end up criticizing one thing or the other.It really has been an amazing learning experience helping mom with her work and I hope anyone who reads this gives at least a week to their mothers and they will understand what I am talking about....In the meanwhile i can cook macroni, paranthas, pizaa etc etc so all of you may line up outside Golu's Diner :D

16 comments:

Thelaughingbuddha said...

How was the marriage?

piyush said...

Its on 17

Avinash said...

Well u specially asked me to read this sure means u think i am the most hopeless of all the sons of the land !! well i must admit u rnot evry far frm the truth and i truly appreciate u for the enlightenment.. in the meantime Happy Chores and dont forget to mention this in ur matrimonial column :P

piyush said...

so nice of u prakhya to accept that fact...u seem to have learned something from the post..and ya thanks for the advice :)

Plain And Simple said...

gud...at last u realsed it...better late than never!!

CODE said...

acchhaaa hai!!1

tu purrfect biwi ban sakta hai kisiki!1

:P

life's like that said...

hope the guys out there are taking hints... btw jokes apart. lets get back to business. where is this diner thing going to be?? :D

life's like that said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You of all people in Roorkee could lay claim to understanding the female psyche... Why this modesty now? :D

I'd advise you to stay away from the kitchen. If anything you'll get fatter. It is a well estabilished fact that half the ingredients end up in the cook's stomach by way of tasting and rechecking even before the dish is prepared.

nishita said...

haha...
golu sir competing with me..in the poercentage increase in weighth during hols eh??

good...proceed..ur wife will be happy.. if u continue.this way..ha ha ha..so wen are u inviting us for ur handcooked dinner???ha ha

wat u wrote is actually a well assumed fact..assumed as in ppl rarely express it..good tht u did it..choti choti khushiyan make the life more livable..let her know this realisation..i am sure she will be more than happy..i still remember how my valentine card made my mom happy..

Chaitanya said...

Nice of you to put such a realisation in words.I guess all of us realise this but do not express it..
And best luck to Payal didi...

piyush said...

@Sripriya i just hope u realise this fact and help ur mother :P

@Code Tera kuch nahi ho sakta..male chauvinist!!!!!

piyush said...

@soumya main soch raha tha nescafe tod kar apna diner khol doon yar fir Sp ki jagah..wat say???

@Van "Bald" Kalip ITs so damn hot in the kitchen that watever i eat melts away in a fraction of a second...Its the new Atkin's Diet or should i say "Golu's Diet" Spread the word..ITs gonna be a Thing :D :D

life's like that said...

arre apan yahan abh to tod daalte hain.... i know aap nesci aur sp o to hilane se rahe!!

Unknown said...

i cudnt agree more with the blog... this non-acknowledgement of sth so enormous tops my list of the mean things i've done/still do. gud u put it into words...now it wil act as a reminder to those who come across it!

Proxy said...

Good that you did realize it... as for a week's training... I guess its just one day that will make people understand this fact easily!